If you're looking for content related to our TradingTech Summit, you've come to the right place!
Hilton London Tower Bridge, London
If you missed anything from the TradingTech Summit London which took place on the 25th February 2020, or just want to revisit the topics you can view the presentation slides below.
Regulatory Keynote: EU Regulatory impact on UK trading industry in 2020
David will share views on what trading firms in London can expect in the post-Brexit regulatory space and what’s in store from planned revisions to MiFID II. Will the EU be operating under two different regulatory regimes or will we evolve towards a smooth Equivalence Regime? What other EU regulatory initiatives are in the pipeline for 2020?
Dr. David P. Doyle
EU Policy Adviser, Financial Services Regulation
EU Policy Director, The Genesis Initiative
Member of the Board of the Kangaroo Group (Brussels)
Keynote: Adopting and integrating new technologies to create the next generation global front office platform
In today’s global, multi-asset class world, it is an evermore challenging quest to deliver profitable returns in a sustainable and compliant manner. Regulation and competition to derive positive alpha needs new technologies and innovation to enable success for sell and buy side alike.
- How can the adoption of elastic compute, (“cloud”), data analytics and AI combine to give the ultimate advantage across the five dimensions of performance, cost, security, geography and time.
- Data is created, processed, transported, stored and used again in many ways. What does the total utility model look like that enables participants with an advantage?
Steve Hewson, Global Head of Product and Technology, FixnetixSee Presentation
Keynote: The new race in financial markets infrastructure
- Deriving insights from trading infrastructure using AI and Machine Learning technologies
- Lessons learned so far; challenges and effectiveness of applying AI and Machine Learning to real trading operations
- Expected business benefits from tapping into these data sources
Donal Byrne, Chief Technology Officer (CTO), PicoSee Presentation
Presentation: Cutting-edge technology for performance computing and AI
- Evolution of performance computing technology within Financial Service Institutions
- Solving IT system performance and scalability challenges
- Future trends
Dr Daniel Goodman, Managing Director, Business Systems International (BSI)See Presentation
Recorded Webinar: High noon for surveillance: resolving tension between the costs of false positives, challenges of calibration, and compliance
When it comes to trade surveillance, regulators want firms to do their own alert calibration, examine all alerts, and keep auditable records. Firms need to balance the real cost of false positives with the technical challenge and risk of self-calibrating and auto-calibrating, while compliance, IT and vendors have to grapple with the need for defensible…