A-Team Group releases the eighth edition of its ‘best read’ publication, the Regulatory Data Handbook, today. The handbook is a ‘must have’ for capital markets participants, is free of charge, and profiles every regulation that impacts capital markets’ data management practices.
Linda Coffman, executive vice president at The SmartStream Reference Data Utility, leads the handbook with a foreword reviewing the pace of regulatory change, despite the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, and looking ahead to collaboration and data standardisation across capital markets that should ultimately allow firms to decrease resource allocation to regulation and lower the cost of compliance.
Highlights of the Regulatory Data Handbook 2020/2021 include:
- A detailed overview of each regulation with key dates, data and data management implications, links to original regulatory text and other useful publications
- A review of the impact of coronavirus on regulatory requirements and deadlines
- Notes on expected changes to regulations in the UK regulatory regime post-Brexit
- Vendor solutions providing efficient regulatory compliance (but also see our Retch Suppliers Guide for a more detailed review of the vendor landscape)
- An outlook for the regulatory landscape driven by collaboration and technology
New regulations detailed in the handbook include Central Securities Depositories Regulation (CSDR), Investment Firms Directive and Regulation (IFD/IFR), Securities Financing Transactions Regulation (SFTR), and emerging environmental, social and governance (ESG) regulations.
Regulatory changes focus on amendments and clarifications to existing regulations, as well as sizeable updates of anti-money laundering rules, the Basel regulatory framework, and the shareholder rights directive.