GigaSpaces Technologies has released XAP9.0 – its application platform – focusing it on real-time big data applications. Says Adi Paz, GigaSpaces’ EVP of marketing and business development: “What is common to all real-time analytics systems is the need for streaming data processing, alongside batch processing, such as Hadoop provides. However, building a system for big data apps is complicated – it must maintain reliability, scalability, and performance even at immensely large scales of data. XAP 9.0 was specifically designed to resolve these challenges.”
Specific functionality in XAP9.0 includes:
– Patent-pending parallel processing.
– Fine-grained data compression.
– Reduced memory footprint, with no compromise on query capabilities.
– Local view, which enables keeping local data continuously updated
– Ability to work across multiple sites, dynamically, through XAP’s WAN Dynamic Topology API.
– Integration with big data back-end databases, such as Hbase, Cassandra, and MongoDB to ensure consistent flow of data without affecting performance.
– Big data analytics on the cloud.
– Consistent automation of deployment, scaling, and failover of the entire big data application stack on any private or public cloud.
– Built-in support for managing big data services, such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Solr, and more.
– Support for bare metal environments for extreme I/O.
– Elastic scaling to reduce the total cost of ownership of running big data apps.