BreakingPoint Systems – yep, yet another Austin neighbor of mine – which specialises in performance and resiliency testing technology, has introduced network latency monitoring to its FireStorm CTM test suite.
Its new BitStream Test Lab is targeted at layer 2/3 testing, and incorporates:
– A clock resolution of 10 nanoseconds.
– 10 Gigabits per second traffic generation with up to 256 concurrent streams per port, with any size packets and minimum legal interframe gap.
– Packet capture engines that support up to 4GB of capture buffer per interface.
– Performance and security functionality across both IPv4 and IPv6.
– Wire-speed packet filtering, capture and latency measurement.
– Tracking for all flows generated by an interface, at maximum frame rate at wire speed.
– Reporting on traffic statistics and counters, latency measurement, categorisation, and real-time statistics.
The new latency measurement functionality is free to current FireStorm CTM users under maintenance contract. Says the company: “Using this all-in-one device, organisations can now test and validate every element of their low latency environment using a blend of real application, attack and low-level Layer 2/3 traffic without licensing and cobbling together a myriad of complex testing tools.”
Find out more about BreakingPoint’s low-latency network testing functionality here.
Subscribe to our newsletter