The Reference Data Utility: How Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase & Co and Morgan Stanley are breaking the reference data mold
The Reference Data Utility (RDU) built by SmartStream and backed by Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase & Co, and Morgan Stanley is up and running and ready to deliver reference data management services to the banks.
The concept of multi-tenant data utilities is not new, but none have achieved buy-in at the level of the RDU, so what makes it different, how does it operate and will it fulfil the promise of reduced data management costs and increased data quality?
This White Paper, sponsored by SmartStream:
- Describes how the RDU operates
- Includes interviews with the founding banks
- Discusses drivers for joining the RDU
- Details improvements in data cost and quality
- Outlines practical issues of participating
- Forecasts further development of the utility
- Provides you with a checklist of benefits