Creating an Enterprise-Wide Data Fabric to Underpin Digital Transformation in Capital Markets
As they seek to adopt a data-driven approach to their business operations across the enterprise, capital markets firms need to put in place a common data fabric that embeds their single view of the truth, and to underpin analytics, reporting and regulatory processes. But legacy data systems often are not fit for purpose; often fragmented along business lines and characterized by poor performance in the face of huge data volumes.
To meet the demands of their digital ambitions, firms need to modernize their data infrastructures by adopting a coherent data fabric that unlocks new opportunities and promotes service differentiation.
This white paper outlines key considerations as firms seek to modernize their data infrastructures using emerging technologies and cloud platforms. The white paper explains that:
- Firms need to put in place a modern data infrastructure if they are to unlock the potential of digital transformation, in terms of analytics, streamlined operations, and improved customer outcomes. Build a data fabric, not just a one-for-one replacement.
- Cloud is not a panacea. Getting cloud right takes time and needs re-skilling and re-thinking of IT processes.
- Plan for hybrid: Hybrid is proving to be the new normal with some data needing to reside on-premises for the foreseeable future.
- Prepare for an explosion in data platform utilization as the business catches on to the potential it is unlocking.
- Plan for real-time: Real-time presents real opportunities for firms to identify and respond rapidly to new business situations and client requests.