Applying Open Data Principles to Financial Data Governance
To ensure sound data governance, an enterprise needs a centralised framework for understanding all data, typically an online data catalogue that lists data sources and the metadata that describes data characteristics and provenance. With a data catalogue in place, data quality and data management can then be addressed. Getting started on data governance can be a challenge, but open data initiatives from other industries can help by describing best practice metadata organisation to support effective data governance.
This White Paper, commissioned by Bloomberg, discusses:
- Best practice approaches to data governance
- The role of metadata in developing governance
- How to define a centralised data catalogue
- Data quality processes and metrics
- Tangible benefits of effective data governance