A Utility Approach for Operational Process Improvement
Data management is a high-cost, no-margin activity for financial institutions across the board. Business requirements and regulatory pressure demand more depth of processing and breadth of reporting than ever before. At the same time, high quality data sourcing, validation and enrichment are essential to achieving operational optimization.
Yet most firms are reluctant to increase investment and so are looking at new operational models to offset the effort of data management – which is multiplied across the industry.
This White Paper looks at:
- How new thinking has identified operational benefits from adopting a mutualized services approach, and what form this might take.
- How key financial institutions have come together to explore how to collaborate and commonly process data across capital markets to realize a data service for the industry.
- How the firms who have sponsored the utility initiative are undertaking a fundamental shift in the way they consume data to reduce the effort to get data right and co-exist in a community geared towards delivering common solutions to common data issues.
- How a shared operating model on a single multi-tenanted platform can deliver measurable data outputs to score the process.
- Ultimately, the white paper looks at how a data utility can transform the way a financial institution thinks about data and how it operates across the board.