Upcoming Webinar: How Financial Institutions can adjust to working in the New Normal8 September 2020
Date: 8 September 2020
Time: 10:00am ET / 3:00pm London / 4:00pm CET
The very sudden impact of Covid-19 and resultant shutdown of physical sites has stress-tested financial institutions and vendors to their limits. Now banks and firms are slowly starting to re-open offices. But what will the new normal look like and what steps should you be taking now to make the most of this situation?
This webinar will discuss next steps financial institutions can take, and how to balance between on-site and more distributed working. It will also examine regulatory expectations coming out of the crisis (such as managing market abuse), key issues and pitfalls, and lessons learnt from things that didn’t go well.
We will also explore approaches to data, technologies and governance that could help weather these storms in the future, and how vendors should be helping you. And we will look at best practices that can be implemented in future Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery planning, as well as incorporating these plans into your ESG programme.
Join us to learn:
- Whether now is the time for change to build new working processes, away from the old norm, and take advantage of what has worked during this lockdown?
- The priority hot topics to be urgently addressed in adjusting both the infrastructure and control frameworks to the business model for the new normal
- How financial institutions can maintain compliance in a business model that includes distributed working (working from home)
- How to address longer-term information security needs and increased cyber risk
- What the next operational resilience steps to be taken are, now the big move to cloud-based approach has occurred
- What other technologies could prove useful for businesses future operational resilience, particularly for data, technology and governance, risk and compliance
- BCP – What’s worked, what’s proven challenging and what do you build in for the future?
- ESG – How should you relate this back to your programme, demonstrating sound practice?
Eren Erman, Global Compliance Technology Lead – Trade & Business Communication Surveillance, TP ICAP
Rich Weber, President & Chief Product Officer, Panzura
Simon Elvidge, Founder, 3LDC
George Ralph, Managing Director, RFA
Moderator: Laurie McAughtry, Editor,
More about our speakers:
President & Chief Product Officer
Rich is President and Chief Product Officer of Panzura – the fabric that transforms cloud storage into high-performance enterprise file systems. Panzura’s technology allows entire organizations to operate as if everyone works in the same office and Rich has over 20 years of experience in enterprise software, networking, and storage.
George is a technology and business leader with a 20 year proven track record of strategic alignment and process improvement. As an assessor for the British Computer Society, he provides transparent guidance to every business he serves. George has extensive delivery and technical experience in network and server architecture, large-scale migrations utilising leading technology brands, and IaaS offerings.
Being away from your computer doesn’t mean you have to miss out on our webinars. Download these free apps to take part.
Interested in hosting your own webinar? Get in touch