Talend, a global open source software leader, today announced an expanded OEM Partner Program designed to help software vendors and SaaS providers embed enterprise-grade open source integration technologies in their offerings. With “Powered by Talend,” partners can leverage all components of the Talend Unified Platform, a set of robust and powerful data management and application integration technologies that deliver core functionality at a fraction of the cost of custom development.
Software vendors and SaaS providers are driven by a need to provide consistent, timely and clean data across their solutions, and to integrate these solutions with other systems and applications. As a result, they are incorporating integration and governance capabilities into their offerings.
“Powered by Talend” – Program Highlights
Talend’s new OEM Partner Program components are easy to embed and bundle, and now include a comprehensive suite of technologies that can be used either in combination with one another or standalone:
- Big Data – a comprehensive embeddable data management platform, leveraging Hadoop and the MapReduce architecture, specifically designed to help vendors address the challenges of processing and analysing ever-growing and always more complex data.
- Data Integration – Talend’s award-winning integration solution, serving all needs from batch data movement, ETL for analytics, or real-time synchronisation of data stores. By embedding Talend’s data integration technology, OEM partners ensure consistency of data across their own products, import, export, or synchronise data with third party systems, load data marts or data warehouses, and more.
- Data Quality – with the first fully embeddable data quality solution, Talend partners offer analysis and profiling capabilities for the data contained in their systems, and include cleansing and enrichment capabilities, either inside their applications, or within their inbound/outbound flows of data.
- Master Data Management – based on the flexible Active Data Model, Talend’s MDM technology can easily be customised to meet the data consistency and consolidation needs of Talend partners, who incorporate enterprise-grade MDM and governance capabilities in their own systems, for mastering any data domain.
- Enterprise Service Bus – the use of a versatile and flexible enterprise service bus (ESB) allows Talend partners to address any application integration challenge – from simple needs to complex, heterogeneous environments.
All components of the “Powered by Talend” program are based on the Talend Unified Platform technology, the first unified platform that leverages data management and application integration in a single development and runtime environment, promoting reusability and consistency of the approach.
Proven OEM Success
To date, more than 25 vendors and SaaS providers have become OEM partners of Talend. These partners are leveraging Talend’s Data Integration and Data Quality in a variety of ways, such as white-label products sold under the partner’s brand, design and runtime environment embedded into the partner’s solution, and pre-packaged runtime processes.
For example, Jaspersoft, provider of the world’s most widely deployed business intelligence software, embeds Talend’s technology under its own brand, Jaspersoft ETL.
According to Karl Van den Bergh, vice president of products and alliances at Jaspersoft, “Over the years, Talend’s open source data integration solutions have proven to scale and flex to meet the needs of our customer base, allowing Jaspersoft to provide our customers with a complete business intelligence suite, As one of the first companies to partner with Talend, Jaspersoft has experienced first-hand the competitive advantages that Talend’s solutions provide, and the flexibility Talend shows when working with its partners to ensure common success.”
Australia and Malaysia-based WDCi Group partnered with Talend to develop pre-built integration solutions. Their ReadyMade ETL solutions use Talend’s technologies to deliver rapid, low-cost integration tools for organisations of all sizes. “With their focus on delivering stellar partner support and easy-to-use-and-implement products, Talend’s commitment to OEM partners is very impressive,” said Deborah Brook, CEO of WDCi Group. “Talend has a large number of connectors, including a dedicated component that easily integrates Salesforce.com to the rest of our clients’ IT systems. Customisation is minimal, and we can install the tool in as little as 15 minutes depending on complexity.”
“With strong Big Data integration features and native Cloud deployment capabilities, Talend offered the capabilities our platform needed.” says Eric Miles, president and CEO of Bi3 Solutions, which provides SaaS Cloud-based real-time content analytics. “We need to process vast streams of social media content, as well as structured data, in real time in order to deliver advanced analytics to our customers. We needed a platform that could handle our performance requirements, and Talend offered the most mature solution in the space.”
Talend OEM Commitment and Leadership
“Talend’s commitment to the success of our OEM partners has never been stronger,” said Bertrand Diard, CEO and co-founder of Talend. “Software vendors and SaaS solutions providers are faced with increasing pressure to focus on their core competency while delivering high performance and high quality solutions. So they need simple, standard, and cost-effective alternatives to custom development of integration features. By making our OEM partners’ success a top corporate priority—and because we offer unmatched flexibility and performance—Talend will increase its footprint in this market and become the global standard in embeddable integration solutions.”
The flexibility of the Talend’s OEM Partner Program enables software vendors and SaaS providers to embed enterprise-class integration regardless of their profile—from SMBs to large global providers—and across any vertical market: financial services, logistics, media and communications, government, accounting and finance, human resources/workforce management, asset management, nonprofit, and more.
The “Powered by Talend” OEM program offers customised and rebranded versions of Talend’s solutions through a tailored and flexible program that lets third-party software vendors, whether they use the open source model or not, embed Talend’s award-winning technologies into the their own product stack.