Revolution Analytics has announced general availability its commercial-grade analytics suite, Revolution R Enterprise 6.0. Using the built-in RevoScaleR package, R users can process, visualise and model terabyte-class data rapidly, without the need for specialised hardware.
Highlights of Revolution R Enterprise 6.0 include:
- Platform LSF Cluster Support – Now supports distributed computing on multi-node Platform LSF grids. Support on Windows-based grids provided via Microsoft HPC Server.
- Cloud-based Analytics with Azure Burst – Switch computations from a local Microsoft Windows HPC Server cluster to the Azure Cloud with a single command.
- Big-Data Generalized Linear Models – Support big-data predictive models used in insurance, finance and biotech industries. Use a multi-node server or distributed grid for fast analytics on big data.
- Direct Analysis of SAS, SPSS, ASCII and ODBC Data—Analyse proprietary data formats without the need for SAS/SPSS licenses.
- Updated R 2.14.2 Engine—Improves performance and parallel programming capabilities. In addition, Revolution Analytics’ open-source RHadoop project (for Hadoop integration) is updated to work with this new engine.