It’s Interop time in Las Vegas this week, so all those involved in the world of networking are making product announcements in between the high-roller parties and playing the casinos. Here are some highlights to prove that not everything that happens in Vegas, stays there.
Emulex – In partnership with Myricom, introduced new OneConnect e12000 10gE solutions, with a specific focus on low latency, high packet-rate applications. They include kernel bypass technology, dubbed FastStack DBL.
Gnodal – Introduced its GS0072 Ethernet switch – 72 ports of 40gE in 2U of rack space – for highly distributed environments, such as grids and clouds. Initial port-to-port latency is as low as 282 nanoseconds and additional hops at 66ns. Multi-stage networks with up to 64,000 of ports can deliver overall system latency as low as 414ns. The switch incorporates custom-designed ASIC chips.
Mellanox Technologies – Added new SX6000 56 gigabit/second InfiniBand switches, with 18, 108, 216 and 324 port models. The company also announced results of benchmarks performed on its Ethernet products, conducted independently by The Tolly Group. Highlights of those benchmarks are:
* 36-ports of 40gE and/or 64-ports of 10GbE at full wire speed on a single chip
* “Zero Jitter” lowest L2/L3 latency
* 40gE L2 latency between 206-223 nanoseconds for any packet size
* 40gE L3 latency between 321-337 nanoseconds for any packet size
* 10gE L2 latency between 258-269 nanoseconds for any packet size
* 10gE L3 latency between 420-426 nanoseconds for any packet size
* 40g L2 multicast latency between 198 and 214 nanoseconds for any packet size
* Industry record < 0.6Watt per 10gE throughput at 100% load and full wire speed for any packet size
Subscribe to our newsletter