Basis Technologies International (BTI), a leader in add-on solutions that optimise SAP, has announced a strategic partnership with UC4, the world’s largest, independent IT automation software company. The partnership will deliver innovative solutions for SAP customers, including the integration of BTI’s Mass Data Runtime—a solution which delivers dramatic data processing improvements and is certified as powered by the SAP NetWeaver technology platform —with the powerful capabilities of UC4’s ONE Automation platform. The unique combination of UC4 IT Process Automation and Mass Data Runtime significantly accelerates and orchestrates business processes, applications and infrastructure. This reduces the risk associated with poor performing background processes and tasks from impacting day to day business operations.
The partnership will focus on providing SAP customers a unique platform for automating data processing tasks, whilst drastically reducing their run times using distributed processing techniques. By blending Mass Data Runtime’s processing strengths with UC4’s sophisticated automation capabilities, customers will be able to:
· Automate and accelerate a wide variety of data processing tasks, including: SAP programs and interfaces; batch runs; data migrations; file transfers; data extractions; archiving; and data warehousing activities
· Cut through large data volumes to complete jobs in a fraction of time—minimising the risk of big data sets stalling business processes and programs
· Instantly distribute information to business users as soon as it becomes available—improving the accuracy and speed of decision making
· Dynamically control—in real time—the use of available servers, adjusting and optimising network and cloud usage for the demands of critical data processing tasks
· Automate and seamlessly coordinate the parallel running of key business processes and programs, such as billing runs
· Remove the overhead of repeatedly re-starting reporting processes and use reporting results for further automation activities
The integration of MDR and ONE Automation brings together two leading solutions:
Mass Data Runtime from Basis Technologies—uses the power of distributed processing to accelerate how standard and custom ABAP code processes large volumes of data. Quick to implement, it provides an easy-to-use toolkit which transforms how data is processed—supporting businesses with ‘Big Data’ challenges and fast-forwarding their SAP business processes.
UC4 ONE Automation— certified as powered by the SAP Netweaver technology platform. Delivers enterprise-wide automation with the most comprehensive IT process automation solution available anywhere. ONE Automation combines job scheduling, managed file transfer, runbook automation, application process automation, application release automation and virtualisation management together with service level management and intelligent decision making on one a single platform.
“The partnership between Basis Technologies and UC4 lets us unite two best-in-class solutions to help organisations that are overwhelmed by large data volumes speed up and better coordinate their data processing tasks,” said Phill Sly, Basis Technologies CEO. “The partnership directly aligns with Basis Technologies’ mission to deliver innovative solutions that help SAP run faster and safer. I’m looking forward to working with UC4 to combine our teams’ knowledge and discover even more ways of doing this.”
“Our partnership with BTI and the integration of ONE Automation with Mass Data Runtime is a natural and exciting extension for UC4,” said Sidd Mallannagari, UC4’s Head of Corporate Strategy. “ONE Automation is already hugely successful in achieving efficiency improvements for job scheduling and batch runs; adding the data processing power of Mass Data Runtime will now deliver extraordinary results and even greater value to our customers.”
Basis Technologies is an industry-leading software company that enables SAP customers to optimise and enhance their existing IT systems with solutions that enable faster decision-making, optimise innovative process changes, improve cash flow, and increase customer satisfaction.